Feeling inspired after having looked over some of my wonderful Whole Foods finds, I decided to revamp my Mint Shake. Just a tweak here and there and you have a Mocha Mint Shake! Not only do you get all that minty freshness but you get a little caffeine kick for those late night/early morning kind of days (I love sleep… I miss sleep). This Mocha Mint Shake will get you through the day.
Mocha Mint Shake
vegan, gluten free
- 2 bananas
- 2 almond milk (or non dairy milk)
- 1c water (or more almond milk)
- 2c chopped frozen collard greens (spinach works, too!)
- 1.5c frozen (thawed cauliflower)
- 1c green peas
- 2 scoops RAW Protein Marley Coffee*
- 1t organic mint (or peppermint) extract/oil
- optional – cocoa nibs!
Place all of your ingredients (except optional nibs) in the blender and blend, blend, blend! When you’ve finished blending, which is much easier with a vitamix or blendtec, stir in a tablespoon of cocoa nibs. Sip on.
I know, I know, these ingredients sound insane! But trust me, once it’s all blended together, you will taste the awesomeness of this Mint Shake and you’ll know exactly why it’s green.
*If you can’t get your hands on some Raw Protein Vanilla powder, you have a few options:
- 1/4c cocoa powder, 3t instant coffee plus stevia to sweeten [making it a chocolate Mint Shake, and who doesn’t love chocolate?!]
- substitute your favorite vanilla or cocoa protein powder and 3t coffee
- Substitute the protein powder with cocoa powder and the water with strongly brewed coffee… maybe throw in 3T cashew butter, as well, to get some protein goodness in you.
Now wake up and make it a day filled with joy (rather then thoughts of lost sleep, hehe)!