Are you familiar with McDonalds’ Shamrock Shake? It’s green and refreshingly minty, it also 54 ingredients!!!! Can you name them all? What is it that makes it green? I shudder a little when I think just how many of those I use to drink… oh well, live and learn… on to much better things!
Set your mind at ease, this by no means should stop you from enjoying all minty shakes. Please enjoy this oh-so-healthy “shamrock” or Mint Shake, and sip happily knowing that you are drinking something that you’re body will thank you for.
vegan, gluten free
- 2 bananas
- 2 almond milk (or non dairy milk)
- 1c water (or more almond milk)
- 2c chopped frozen collard greens (spinach works, too!)
- 1.5c frozen (thawed cauliflower)
- 1c green peas
- 2 scoops RAW Protein Vanilla*
- 1t organic mint (or peppermint) extract/oil
- optional – cocoa nibs!
Place all of your ingredients (except optional nibs) in the blender and blend, blend, blend! When you’ve finished blending, which is much easier with a vitamix or blendtec, stir in a tablespoon of cocoa nibs. Sip on.
I know, I know, these ingredients sound insane! But trust me, once it’s all blended together, you will taste the awesomeness of this Mint Shake and you’ll know exactly why it’s green.
*If you can’t get your hands on some Raw Protein Vanilla powder, you have a few options:
- 1/4c cocoa powder plus stevia to sweeten [making it a chocolate Mint Shake, and who doesn’t love chocolate?!]
- substitute your favorite vanilla or cocoa protein powder
Want to try some other delicious beverages? Click here.