Good morning kids! Is that the smell of Fall in the air? Or just the sweet smell of Sweet Potato Maple Doughnuts still lingering in my kitchen… either way it’s wonderful.
Fall mode is kicking in hardcore and this morning’s smoothie was no less Autumn inspired. I give you the Carrot Cake Shake, otherwise known as Autumn in a glass!
Autumn in a Glass
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 apple (I used an envy apple; use what you like)
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1.5c frozen, thawed cauliflower (or steam cauliflower till soft and let cool)
- 1t cinnamon
- 2c almond milk
- 1c water
- handful ice cubes (only if you’re drinking it right away)
- 3t maca powder (optional)
- Stevia, maple syrup, or honey to sweeten (to taste)
- (optional additions) scoop protein powder; dash nutmeg; caocoa nibs
Put all this goodness in a high-powered blender (i.e. Vitamix or Blendtec) and blend away.
*If you don’t have a high powered blender, you can substitute applesauce for the apple. And like the cauliflower, steam and cool your carrots before adding them to the blender.
This shake with the taste of cinnamon, apple sweetness, and a hint of carrot will make you want to pull out your sweaters, scarves and boots and jump into a big pile of leaves (or enjoy some other Fall highlights).
Whatever you decide, taste and enjoy a new season.
I try my best to buy organic and/or local produce but sometimes it gets pricey. Here’s what to look for, but don’t be hard on yourself. Every little effort counts!
Other Drinks you might enjoy: