Ah, Sunday, the day of rest… lessness. I really do try and rest on Sunday’s by not working out too hard. Instead I went for a walk and soaked up some vitamin D while listening to my morning devo.
“If you, Lord, kept a record of sins, Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, so that we can, with reverence, serve you.” Psalm 130:3
The rest of the day consisted of church, brunch, farmers market and hanging out with friends. We also checked out the movie, We are the Millers, HILARIOUS!!!!
But I still had guacamole on the brain from the night before so here goes my Sweet and Spicy Guacamole.
Sweet and Spicy Guacamole Dip (sort of)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 large roasted sweet potato (wrap potato in foil, bake at 400F for an hour until soft)
- 1/2c sweet green peas (feel free to omit)
- juice of half a lime (or 1T lime juice)
- 2T cumin,
- 1T chili powder
- (optional) cayenne powder for an extra kick!
- plenty of salt to taste
- 3 diced jalapenos (omit if you can’t handle the heat)
- 1/2 small diced onion
- 1 1/2c chopped cherry tomatoes (sub 1/2c salsa)
Mash or blend together the avocado through the salt.
Once it is the consistency and taste you like, stir in jalapenos, onions and tomatoes. Serve hot or cold.
*Don’t feel like you have to use peas but you can’t taste them. I am always looking for ways to sneak in more veggies and bulk up my food (notice I also added 1/2c steamed cauliflower). This dip is just as delicious when you simply use sweet potato and avocado.
Wishing everyone a wonderful Labor Day weekend!